Tuesday 7 June 2011

Nooks

I love the idea of having a space in my home almost perfectly designed for curling up with a cup of tea, a book or a stash of magazines.  On the grey days that so often grace Edinburgh, it would be lovely to be able to curl up and watch the world pass by outside. We've got a deep, buttery soft leather chair that would makes for the perfect space to curl up in. And I'd be happy to spend an hour or so in it - especially if my little nook was as lovely as these...


{via}

{via}

I do find myself torn though between the comforting, warm and inviting palettes of the above images and the bright airy feeling of these spaces...

{via}

{via}

And this one I just love even though it is wholly impractical to dedicate a room in your home to something like this.  Isn't it just dreamy? Imagine snuggling up here of an evening...

{via}

This last one though, truly has my heart. One day, I would love a space just like this in my home...

{via}

The extensive book collection, little vase of roses, comfortable seating and modern lighting? All perfect together.

If I'm going to insist on some essentials there needs to be a throw of some sort, a stash of magazines or a good book, good lighting, a cup of tea {and maybe a sliver of cake...} and preferably both a fireplace and a window nearby.

Love B x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird