Wednesday 25 July 2012

"I don't mind sightseeing but I'd be going for the wine and craic"


Things have been exciting over here recently! Over the weekend, my Mum, sister and I packed up our things, hopped on an early train {armed with our breakfast} and headed over to Glasgow for a night. Having never really explored the city, I was quite excited and rightly so. We had a bloody marvellous time.


We spent the whole day shopping, only pausing for afternoon tea and fizz at the Pig and Butterfly tea rooms. The whole place was incredible - full of knick knacks and trinkets, so I of course was in heaven.





After, we headed back to the hotel with just enough time for a cup of tea and a change of clothes before heading back out again, this time for dinner at the Ubiquitous Chip.










The food was incredible - I had scallops followed by the lamb and I could happily have licked my plate and the end of the meal. The restaurant itself was gorgeous - a huge glass ceiling, fairy lights, wood cornicing on the mezzanine floor to name but a few details! Rolling back to the hotel after a few {ahem} glasses of wine, we curled up in our room - with two king size beds, perfect for a girlie night away - and slept like the dead til the next morning where we were all slightly frazzled, shall we say.


That aside, it was really the company that made it. I barely stopped laughing throughout the 24 hours we were there. It really was brilliant to spend some quality time with my Mum and Sister and I can't wait to do it again soon {HINT}. We always have such a lovely time together - we're so close and so alike in so many ways. It really was marvellous.




LoveBx


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird