Monday 4 February 2013

Eat: Aubergine Parmagiano

..Otherwise known as heaven in a bowl.


Now I'm trying to embrace a healthier attitude to food this year so this is maybe not one to eat every night {so.much.cheese} but on a rather cold and snowy Friday evening it was the perfect dish to tuck into.

Ingredients:

2 aubergines
1 60g bag of grated parmesan cheese
1 ball of mozzarella
1 jar of tomato sauce {I used the kind with extra garlic and onion. Of course you can make your own but I was going for simplicity here}

Slice the aubergines up, probably no thicker than 1cm or so then grill them until toasted. Flip over and toast on both sides. I did mine in a griddle pan but if you're watchful you can stick them under the grill until they're golden brown and delicious. Put them to one side.

Put a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of an oven proof dish and sprinkle over a helping of parmesan cheese. Cover this with a layer of aubergines. Repeat this until your ingredients are used up - I think I managed about 3 or 4 layers?

On the final layer, cover your aubergines with a layer of tomato sauce then dot generously with mozarella. This is optional but I am a big mozarella fan and had some in the fridge so it would've been rude not to invite it to the party. Alternatively you could cover it with breadcrumbs and/or more parmesan.

Bake in the oven on gas mark 5 for about 30minutes. I ate mine with a baguette that I chucked in the oven half way through and a tiny side helping of salad {token gesture right there}. It probably would serve two people with bread and salad though I could've happily eaten the lot!

LoveBx

2 comments:

  1. Yum www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, that looks extremely yummy!! Thanks for sharing I am defs going to try it soon xo

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird