Monday 18 February 2013

Eat: Prawn Ramen


This was another Slimming World Recipe that I knocked up during my week off. I had my first Wagamama experience not that long ago - late to the party, I know - and I was particularly envious of the giant bowl of ramen that Sandy ordered. Looking for some healthier dishes to plate up saw me stumbling across this one and I just had to give it a go. It packed full of vegetables and you could limit or bulk up on noodles as much or as little as you like. We made probably enough for 3 or 4 and S was quite happy to polish off the rest of the portions which gives you a clue as to how more-ish it is. The addition of the ginger and the chilli give it some much needed heat that makes it a perfect comfort food dish without being too heavy.



You'll need:
3 or 4 'nests' of noodles
1tbsp sesame seeds
a good couple of glugs of soy sauce
1 pack of stirfry veg - I used one with Edamame beans in
2 tbsps of lazy garlic or a couple of cloves
5cm of peeled and chopped root ginger
1 de-seeded red chilli, finely chopped
2 pak choi
A bag of frozen king prawns {defrosted first, of course!}
1litre veg or chicken stock
1 sachet of miso soup paste

It's actually surprisingly simple, just like making stir fry until you add the liquid. Cook your noodles as per the instructions then drain and leave to one side, keeping them warm.
Put the wok on quite a high heat, then stir fry your sesame seeds in a tiny bit of oil until golden brown then add a glug of soy sauce {it might start to pop and spit at this point - careful}. You can put this to one side if you would like, in a different bowl. Stir fry your veg, chilli and garlic in a little bit of oil. Go easy on how much you use - if I'm trying to be healthy, I put the olive oil in a spray bottle then I can control it. After a few minutes, add your prawns and the pak choi {you could even add the prawns in last minute if they're already cooked and just need heated through}.

Turn the head down, add the stock, the miso and another glug of soy sauce.

I put my noodles in the bowl first and then ladel-ed the soup and veg over the top but I presume you could just put the noodles straight into the mix.

Really tasty, really comforting and still low in fat and chokablock with vegetables! Perfect!

Love B x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird