Sunday 25 September 2011

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector



I picked this up on a whim in Superdrug last weekend when I was in town. Touch wood, I am reasonably lucky with my skin so on a day to day basis I tend to avoid using foundation, opting instead for a tinted moisturiser if I use anything at all. For a while now I've been using No 7's tinted moisturiser but knowing I was down to the last few drops, I couldn't resist.

Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector claims to "give an even skin tone with a healthy glow, blurs imperfections and redness, smoothes the appearance of fine lines, hydrates for 24hours and helps protect with SPF 15".  It is enriched with Vitamin C derivative and mixed with mineral pigments to give you an even finish.

I have to say, I was really impressed. My skin looked even and, without sounding like a plum, glowing. The formula is light enough that I didn't feel I am wearing make up but gives me the coverage I want from a base. My skin feels smooth to the touch too. I checked out my face over the course of the first evening I used it and my skin still looked great, so I was thrilled. I feel like it gives me the polished look I'm after from my make up base {be that foundation or tinted moisturiser} whilst remaining natural looking and without giving me that heavy foundation-lying-on-your-skin feeling. Whilst I don't wear a full face of make up, I don't often pop out with a bare face either but I've found that this gives me enough coverage to need little more than a dash of blusher and mascara if I'm in a rush.

Apparently it's based on a "skincare sensation" called Blemish Balm or B.B creams? Scouring the Internet has told me this is a massive craze over in Asia that is a combination of skincare and make up.  Seemingly a bit of a wonder product if they do what they say on the tin, they mix key skincare ideas {SPF, moisturizer, blemish treatment} whilst acting as a foundation.

The limited colour range - light or medium/dark - seems a bit of a drawback but the light was just right for my sun-deprived skin tone. It was on offer for £7.99 too in Superdrug which was perfect for my price range.

Has anyone else tried this? Or have any recommendations of products like it - I know a lot of the more expensive ranges have brought out similar products at higher price points.

Love B x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird