Monday 14 March 2011

Cake


Remember I said I was going to attempt the rose cake tutorial in  my earlier post? Well here's a peak at the results! It wasn't perfect but I did like the finished effect {and maybe I'm giving myself a hard time - everyone else thought it looked like roses} and I can attest to the fact that it tasted delish.  I didn't follow the cake recipe on the iambaker website using instead a simple 8:8:8:4 ratio of SR flour, caster sugar, butter and eggs with a pinch of baking powder, sticking it all at once in the mixer {best. gift. ever.}.  Simples. Layered with whipped cream and raspberry jam my thighs will attest to the fact I had a slice after dinner and then another slice with a cup of tea the next day. 

So worth it.

B
x


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird