Wednesday 3 August 2011

Art Attack

I had a couple of days all to myself this week and I knew I wanted to do something with them. I've been on a bit of an art kick recently, trying to add things to our flat. It all seems to add up pretty quickly though so, having bought one piece of art {and wanting plenty more} I decided to turn my hand to making a couple bits and pieces.

Now, I'm not daft so I am aware of my limited drawing skills but I love pieces like this and this and I thought the graphic black and white would look great against the bright green walls of our kitchen. With that inspiration in mind I hunted down these graphics online and, armed with a £3 9x12" canvas and a packet of 99p permanent markers, I set to work.

It was pretty simple to be honest with you. I split the canvas up into measured sections to give myself a rough idea of the spacing between each doodle and then set to work copying out the images with a pencil.  The best part is that you can be pretty rough at this part knowing that the marker will cover most of the sketch.

After that, it was simply a case of colouring in the outline, and rubbing out any remaining pencil drawings...

Until I was happy with the result!


What do you think? I'm really pleased with how it turned out, considering it cost me under a fiver and only took about 30 minutes. I bought a few larger canvases whilst I was there and I've got another couple ideas up my sleeve so I'll post about how those turned out too.

Love B x

1 comment:

  1. This was a great idea. It came out really well. Sometimes, simple is just perfect.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird