Wednesday 24 August 2011

Make up

Somewhere along the line I seemed to develop a bit of a thing for pretty pricey make up brands. It's not really been the perfect combo when added to my student budget and so, in between the bits of MAC and Bobbi Brown there have been smatterings of No 7 and Rimmel.  My favourite two 'bargains' however are these two:


The Max Factor False Lash effect mascara is £10.99 and I picked mine up at my local Superdrug. Having tried my fair share of expensive mascaras, this more than holds it's own amongst the pricier products I've tried. In fact, as an everyday mascara it is better than several I've used before. It separates and defines, giving me far superior lashes to my natural unaided set! One coat, and a bit of a wiggle with the brush, and you've got perfect everyday eyelashes. Give it a couple of layers and some smokey eyeshadow and you're ready to go for a night out!



{before}



{after one coat}

Which leads me to the next item: Superdrug's 2true waterproof liquid eyeliner. The pot is £1.95 and it has lasted ages. I'm pretty sure it came under their make up offer of 3 items for £5 too which is even better! Price considered, it goes on easily, stays on well and gives a true black line. I like to set mine with a bit of black eyeshadow just to doubly ensure it stays in place but for me, this more than does the job! A friend of mine swears by it, and she loves doing her eyes in this style - certainly more frequently than I do. I have to say though, I've never used the regular one so I don't know if the staying power is as good as the waterproof version. I must be honest and say this isn't my go to eyeliner {that's a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner} but for a budget option it's pretty berluddy good.



{Taa - daa!}
I can only really give personal opinions here - I'm no beauty expert by any stretch of the imagination but I figure I may as well share what has worked for me so far!

Love B x

Oh hell, my eye {singular!} just looks huge and terrifying in these haha! Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. stunning. thanks for another amazing post. Stop by to see pics from my latest outfit post and my newest accessory obsession. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest fashion gossip from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/#!/FashBoulevard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Rimmel products before and wasn't all that impressed. The lipsticks are horrible, they dried out my lips. I've not tried their mascara, but I think they are a little over priced to be honest. I will always love Maybelline, especially my black Great Lash mascara. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. It doesn't clump or feel caked on and their lip products are the best. Loreal isn't bad either. They are a little over my budget right now, but I think they are pretty reasonable for the quality they offer.

    Sarah
    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely wonderful! you’ve got a gorgeous blog, and i’m so glad i’ve stumbled across it for my first time! i hope you’ll come visit COSMICaroline for a Nashville-based source of inspiration for fashion, music, and art! keep up the awesome work!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird